Thursday, May 14, 2009

April 6

Chestnut Knob Shelter ~17 miles

Last night it rained ALOT! but no T-stormin' at least. Pretty warm this morning, looked like decent weather, turned to shit just before we broke camp. Rain, rain, big climb (for VA), then snow and crazy wind. thank god the shelter is fully enclosed! It is supposed to get down to the 20s in the foothills tonight and we are at 4,400 feet. Luckily, I have my 40 degree sleeping bag to keep me warm (don Juan note: that's sarcasm). We have decided with the wind chill it is at or below zero right now and it isn't even dark yet. They are calling for 4 in. of snow in the mountains, so I guess it will be a winter wonderland tomorrow (in April! come on man.) Well I'm gonna go freeze my ass off goodnight.

C-Zur

No comments:

Post a Comment