Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 2

Big Branch Shelter -- 27 miles

Awoke tihs morning to a woodpecker knocking away at the damn shelter! Stupid bird. Got an early start though. Apparently its not the first time it has happened if you consult the register. Took ALOT of breaks today, for no other reason than it was a pretty day. A couple big climbs (1000 ft plus); it is nice to be back in what I consider the mountains. The blackflies/mosquitoes/gnats are upon me! Damn the bugs. There are so many beaver ponds that almost all the lower (below 2000 ft) water sources have this gross urine color. Oh, how I miss the pristine, plentiful springs of the South. Alot of hikers the last 2 days (Long Trail hikers), but I have the shelter to myself. I'm glad it has been awhile since I had some "ME" time. Solitude becomes much easier out here. Well, it's getting dark and I've got another big day tomorrow. PEACE.

C-Zur

No comments:

Post a Comment