Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 4

Wintturi Shelter -- 26 miles

Another good day, though not as good as yesterday. I woke up early (6:00) and left by 6:30, making it to Killington by 10:00 (10 miles by 10 o'clock is going to be my new standard) Maildrop (thanks again Mom), a hot lunch, shower, and even laundry. An all inclusive 3 hr break. Did another 16.5 this afternoon that kicked my butt. Very poorly graded trail by the D.O.C (Dartmouth Outing Club IDIOTS). Their idea of a climb is a straight line between the lowest point and highest point. (There was literally an extension ladder at one point.) Read some entries of Bird's and Schwenk's that mentioned the same thing...Glad I'm not the only one. I don't think that I will catch the Fearless 4before the Whites unless they stop for a day. I know I won't be able to keep this pace up once I'm there and I want to enjoy them anyhow. Not that I haven't enjoyed the last few days, it's fun pushing yourself and I got the fast, quick, light hiking down to a science/art form. I should film it, I bet I could make a fortune if I call it abstract art. Night.

C-Zur

No comments:

Post a Comment