Friday, June 12, 2009

May 26

Glen Brook Shelter -- 15 miles

Nice day today, left town ~11 after a great resupply (thanks, Mom!) and a new pack (thanks ULA!). Beautiful hiking weather-->slightly overcase w/a little breeze and we made it into Mass., the end of CT was the only nice part as far as I'm concerned. After crossing the state line the trail really reminded me of the Smokies. Last day on the trail with Poco Loco (it's been a pleasure, never though I'd find such a kindred spirit in a 62 year old man.)

High bear activity at this shelter supposedly, maybe we'll se one! Exciting! I'm sleeping with my food bag to try and coax one out. Well I'm off to bed, gonna try for a 36 miler tomorrow to gain on a crew I've been chasing for awhile. Sweet dreams...OF BEARS!

C-Zur

No comments:

Post a Comment